+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Show by Rock

Member thebeatlespkmnfan42@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    ignore this, I accidentally quoted myself instead of editing the previous post.
    Show By Rock ID: 784396951
    3DS Friendcode: 2320-6225-0063

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeatlespkmnfan42@hellokitty.com View Post
    Oh, yeah that one has a lot of double notes. Because of that it's the only song on two stars that I don't find to be boring.

Another song that's harder than most others in its difficulty is Xoxo 3 stars, for the same reason as オーロラ 2, a lot of double notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP5pP7Y2FBA

Xoxo 4 stars is actually easier than 3 stars. It makes me wonder if they accidentally mixed them up and they're supposed to be switched.

Yup, I'm terrible with double notes. Especially when they move quickly and close together, lol. It's like I lose all sense of timing.

Yeah, that one does look quite similar.

I prefer the songs where there are hardly any notes approaching. They're kinda relaxing to play, haha.

By the way, is there an easy way to listen to the songs online? Some of them get stuck in my head, hehe. And if the lyrics are also available in one place...
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com View Post
    Yup, I'm terrible with double notes. Especially when they move quickly and close together, lol. It's like I lose all sense of timing.

Yeah, that one does look quite similar.

I prefer the songs where there are hardly any notes approaching. They're kinda relaxing to play, haha.

By the way, is there an easy way to listen to the songs online? Some of them get stuck in my head, hehe. And if the lyrics are also available in one place...
    The ones with hardly any notes bore me at this point, lol. Double notes become very common after 3 or so stars, and 5 introduces triple notes, and 6 is where triple notes are in almost every song. 7 and 8 have triples all over the place.

Someone on YouTube is uploading some full versions of songs:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miianzu/videos

And the Japanese wiki has lyrics, but they're all in Japanese:

http://seesaawiki.jp/show-by-rock/

The ones with hardly any notes bore me at this point, lol. Double notes become very common after 3 or so stars, and 5 introduces triple notes, and 6 is where triple notes are in almost every song. 7 and 8 have triples all over the place.

Someone on YouTube is uploading some full versions of songs:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Miianzu/videos

And the Japanese wiki has lyrics, but they're all in Japanese:

http://seesaawiki.jp/show-by-rock/

Hm, triples don't sound any more difficult than doubles. Unless they come at you even faster, I guess. Well, maybe lots of doubles and triples mixed together would be worse. o.o Yikes!

Cool, thanks. ^.^ I might transliterate the lyrics if I'm really bored one day, lol. ^^

How long have you been playing?
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Hm, triples don't sound any more difficult than doubles. Unless they come at you even faster, I guess. Well, maybe lots of doubles and triples mixed together would be worse. o.o Yikes!

Cool, thanks. ^.^ I might transliterate the lyrics if I'm really bored one day, lol. ^^

How long have you been playing?
    I started playing February 2nd, so for about four and a half months now. I play hours a day, so I'm rank 182.

I started playing February 2nd, so for about four and a half months now. I play hours a day, so I'm rank 182.

Geez, hours a day? Wow... And you're pretty good for only playing for that long! I was thinking more like a year! o.o Amazing...

Geez, hours a day? Wow... And you're pretty good for only playing for that long! I was thinking more like a year! o.o Amazing...
    Lol, nah. It hasn't even been out on Android for a year yet (the Android version will be 1 year old on the 27th of this month though). It's just since I play a lot and dedicate so much time to it, it's the only game I've been playing recently. Plus doing 4 stars every day in Free Play when I was on two stars in Tour, and playing 6 stars in Free Play when I was on 4 stars in Tour, certainly helped. Now I'm making progress more slowly in terms of skill since 7 and 8 aren't in Free Play, I have to spend 30 hearts to practice 7 star songs when weeklong events aren't happening. Tour only goes up to 6, unfortunately.

Oh by the way, are you watching the Show By Rock anime?

Lol, nah. It hasn't even been out on Android for a year yet (the Android version will be 1 year old on the 27th of this month though). It's just since I play a lot and dedicate so much time to it, it's the only game I've been playing recently. Plus doing 4 stars every day in Free Play when I was on two stars in Tour, and playing 6 stars in Free Play when I was on 4 stars in Tour, certainly helped. Now I'm making progress more slowly in terms of skill since 7 and 8 aren't in Free Play, I have to spend 30 hearts to practice 7 star songs when weeklong events aren't happening. Tour only goes up to 6, unfortunately.

Oh by the way, are you watching the Show By Rock anime?

Nah, I can't get interested in most anime. It doesn't seem so interesting to me; I guess I'm just not that fascinated by the characters. I'm too picky about anime to devote time to watching it when I'm not certain I'll enjoy it. :/

Well I play several games, so I suppose that's why I don't play it for hours. Lol. I play Show By Rock maybe one hour a day, usually more like half an hour. I suppose the game I play most is Girlfriend Beta, but I think most days I don't even play that one for a whole two hours. I also tried playing osu! once but I think something's wrong with it because it crashes when I try to play. O.o

Nah, I can't get interested in most anime. It doesn't seem so interesting to me; I guess I'm just not that fascinated by the characters. I'm too picky about anime to devote time to watching it when I'm not certain I'll enjoy it. :/

Well I play several games, so I suppose that's why I don't play it for hours. Lol. I play Show By Rock maybe one hour a day, usually more like half an hour. I suppose the game I play most is Girlfriend Beta, but I think most days I don't even play that one for a whole two hours. I also tried playing osu! once but I think something's wrong with it because it crashes when I try to play. O.o
    SB69A is pretty hilarious. The anime canon is completely different from game canon, though (for example anime!Cyan is a human who gets sucked into the game and becomes a catgirl, whereas game!Cyan has always lived in MIDI City, and both Cyan's personalities are different from each other, plus the villain of SB69A doesn't even exist in game. Nor do several other characters).

Although it's only 12 episodes, so it has some pacing issues because of that. It should have been 24 honestly. The last episode airs this Sunday.

EDIT: Just editing to avoid double posting.

Anyway, today's Free Play song, Imagination, is a ton of fun on 6 stars. It's probably one of my favorite charts in the game, along with KOI 6.
    Last edited by thebeatlespkmnfan42@hellokitty.com; 06-18-2015 at 03:00 AM.

SB69A is pretty hilarious. The anime canon is completely different from game canon, though (for example anime!Cyan is a human who gets sucked into the game and becomes a catgirl, whereas game!Cyan has always lived in MIDI City, and both Cyan's personalities are different from each other, plus the villain of SB69A doesn't even exist in game. Nor do several other characters).

Although it's only 12 episodes, so it has some pacing issues because of that. It should have been 24 honestly. The last episode airs this Sunday.

EDIT: Just editing to avoid double posting.

Anyway, today's Free Play song, Imagination, is a ton of fun on 6 stars. It's probably one of my favorite charts in the game, along with KOI 6.

Hm, weird. Seems like a lot of unnecessary changes. I figure the anime is meant for fans of the game, not the general public, and fans would prefer it be similar to the game.

Just played Imagination. I managed to win it on normal without any mistakes, but hard was too hard for me. Lol.