+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member fairywars98@mymelody.com's Avatar

Unhappy Who misses the OLD YTV? *1988-2005*

So who misses the older YTV? For those who don't know what YTV is, it's just a channel meant for kids, hence the name "YOUTH TV"...I didn't start watching YTV until 2004, but here's the thing I miss the most!

I miss waking up every morning at 6:55 am, going into the living room and tuning into YTV and watching a weird show for about 4 minutes, then listening to their version of "O Canada" play, to me this theme meant that Hamtaro was going to start soon so I had to go on the couch and eat my toast. But then one day, Hamtaro DIDN'T come on but I just thought that they messed something up, but then I learn the next day that Hamtaro was canceled. I was so upset that day (still am!) After that I just watched PBS Kids.

If you want to listen to the theme I was talking about, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbXpapFBvbo and skip to 1:10. THAT'S the exact theme! It might bring back memories for some of you.
    So, do you miss watching the old YTV? If so what parts about it do you miss? >.<

I have no idea what "YTV" is?
    *stares blankly until you're completely creeped out*

Senior Member tylersymes@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoboy@hellokitty.com View Post
    I have no idea what "YTV" is?
    It seems to be a TV channel in canda.

It is a channel here in Canada.

Umm.. Think of it a bit like Nickelodeon in the states. It's a channel for families but mainly for people between the ages of about 6 to 16. Some times they have shows for younger kids but I haven't seen many of those on in the last year or so.

It has a lot of family programming and early teen shows and is where most of the Canadian-made shows get played. We have Canadian content laws up here that require channels to play a certain amount of Canadian-made TV shows.

That is why I think YTV has gone down hill as bad as it has. There's not a lot of investing or funding done for Canadian television aimed at younger crowds so a lot of the stuff we get is... Well... Bad...

We've had some pretty good stuff in the past but it seems liek they spend more of their budget on buying shows from the states and doing the bare minimum to meet Canadian content laws.

I miss Jacob Two-two. That was a great Canadian cartoon.

I also miss Hamtaro (huge fan of Hamtaro) but we also had that when I lived in the US since it was originally purchased from japan and adapted for other audiences around the world.

TL;DR : Yeah YTV is pretty cruddy now and I miss Sugar. =/