• Some is ok...

12 54.55%
  • What's 3-D??

1 4.55%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar

3-D: Yea or Nay?

What do you think about the whole 3-D experience? Is it worth the extra $3 to see? Or would you rather just see it normally? Give your opinion here!

My vote is nay. 3-D is just a passing fad, I believe. Studies have found that it is actually bothering people's eyes, especially small children. To me it's just annoying. And I have glasses, so putting on the 3-D glasses over my normal glasses creates a glare throughout the whole movie. I mean, considering that there's plenty of times when you can't even see where the 3-D comes in, it just gets annoying.

PS: I heard news that made my skin crawl; the Hobbit movies will be shot in 3D. Why!!
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

Senior Member leeling1289@mymelody.com's Avatar
    In my opinion 3D is okay in some aspects. For movies it's cool, but it should be restricted to movie theaters and amusements parks, not something we have in our everyday lives like 3D tv's and such. In gaming, again it should be for attractions in amusement parks exclusively otherwise it'll be boring within a few years.

3D itself I think is a generally a good thing. I think it's an exciting way to get a new experience and I very much enjoy watching 3D movies in the theater. I personally feel like I'm inside the movie, not just looking at a screen som personally I am happy to spend those extra few bucks. If I had a 3D TV at home with glasses, I wouldn't though.

About the eye-problem. Yes, it does bother smaller children because their eyes aren't fully developed yet. They are when you are arund 7-8 years old. 3D can also cause headaches because our eyes are not used to seeing it on tv, but I do believe that is only amatter of time before they are, if we get 3D intom our everyday life. For examply by bringing in a nintendo 3DS, I believe your eyes would get used to the 3D effects and it woldn't cause a headache, like it did when I tested one.
    Check out my blog
    Lee's little lines

In-game name
    Leeling

Senior Member victor5@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Nay, some is okay, but "nay"
    There's to much 3D right now (movies, shows, videogames, t-shirts, magazines, posters, party supplies, trading cards)
    I still have not try those 3D movies, the only 3D I saw in theathers was like 15yrs ago on WDW and Universal Florida, plus the Nintendo 3DS gave me a little headache. I prefer normal movies.

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Good luck getting me outside to a theater for a movie that isn't in 3D, haha. I find now that I prefer to wait until movies are released on DVD to watch them at home and I'll only go out to theaters if the movie is shown in 3D.

I wouldn't watch TV or movies every day in 3D since it is irritating, but it does add something special to the experience.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

The SanrioTown Guy chaosvirus@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I don't really like 3-D that much. I don't know the problem lies in my eyes but when I watch movies in 3-D it's like a little blurry and dark for me. And when I take of the 3-d glasses it's
    more "normal looking" for me. Also it's more expensive!

IDK about games though, haven't tried 3-d gaming but I guess it'll be the same.

Senior Member kcloh@hellokitty.com.my's Avatar
    Yea for 3D. It makes watching movies more "real" to be more appreciated. Imagine watching national geography or discovery channel on it? In a matter of time, more improvement will come along and it will be much more comfortable. Remember, technology rapidly progressing and it goes the same way as how hand phone and digital camera developed.

Senior Member leeling1289@mymelody.com's Avatar
    exactly, kcloh. In just 5-6 years the experience will be on a very different level than it is now. I know that some people have a hard time seeing 3D but I'm sure eventually technology will surpass that within just a few years.

I still say 3D should be theater and theme-park exclusive. It should be an experience, not something you see everyday unless you work in the field that deals with 3D.
    Check out my blog
    Lee's little lines

In-game name
    Leeling

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I think the current 3D fad is just a gimmick, and will eventually fade. Don't forget, this isn't the first 3D fade. There was a 3D fad in the 50s and 60s, which also faded. The technology may have improved in those 50 years, but it's still not up to par. Until a new technology, such as holographs, are developed, that's all 3D will ever be.

For 3D TVs, there is glasses and no-glasses. For 3D TV with glasses, there are two competing technologies: one version of the glasses does not work with the other. I'm very vehement against proprietary technology in appliances like these. It's like if you were to by a refrigerator and find out you can use it until you have some magic dongle.

With no-glasses TV, you have the issue of trying to find the exact spot in front of the TV where the 3D is best. And everyone's eyes are different, so if you have a TV party, all your friends will be sitting all over the place, maybe even on top of one another.

I have a 3DS, and I got it specifically as an upgrade to my DSLite, not because of the 3D technology.

Junior Member isambob@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I wasn't a very big fan when I heard they were making a 3-d Television. I thought that was ************************, ESPECIALLY for those who wear glasses, because given that the tv too far away or something, they won't be able to see anything out of the glasses anyways, and i don't wear glasses, and i don't WANT to. even inthe movie theaters i thought it was ************************. I'd rather watch REGULAR TELEVISION WITHOUT HAVING to put on some ************************ glasses just to see everything.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lyssariia@hellokitty.com View Post
    Good luck getting me outside to a theater for a movie that isn't in 3D, haha. I find now that I prefer to wait until movies are released on DVD to watch them at home and I'll only go out to theaters if the movie is shown in 3D.

I wouldn't watch TV or movies every day in 3D since it is irritating, but it does add something special to the experience.
    Your not the only one thinking that.When ever a new movie is in theaters, I usually wait till the year after it is released to I can get it on DVD.