+ Reply to Thread
    Junior Member fairywars98@mymelody.com's Avatar

Question Does your hair get greasy if you eat greasy foods?

Okay, the reason why I'm asking this is because I kinda eat a lot of greasy foods like Potato Chips and McDonalds. I haven't seen changes but I'm wondering. I'm 14 soon to be 15 2 days from now if that helps. My hair used to be worse when I was younger though, we would have to wash it every single day!

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    No. Greasy hair is genetics.

A lot of the food in my country is fried in some way, but delicious, and thus greasy. Most people have really dry hair.

And you shouldn't wash your greasy hair everyday, because, usually, that is why it's so greasy. The sebum in the hair protects it, when you wash it off the sebaceous glands [the ones who make your hair greasy] have to work overtime. If you wash it a lot, they have to work overtime a lot and it seems like a never-ending problem.

If you have greasy hair you only should wash it once every three days. And I have been told that shampooing greasy hair with body wash first, and then with normal shampoo again, is very effective because body washes and soaps were designed to make the grease in the skin [you have sebaceous glands there, too] come off because the sebum it's what helps to make your skin sooo dirty at the end of a really long day.
    Last edited by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com; 09-18-2013 at 01:31 AM.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

Junior Member fairywars98@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com View Post

If you have greasy hair you only should wash it once every three days.
    I wash my hair once every 3-4 days...

Well I started testing this one solid shampoo from LUSH Cosmetics and it really helped the flakes and itchiness in my hair. My hair is greasy too but I was it every other day...and with my aunts random conditioner for curls and waves XD

The guy who made Lush, Mark Constantine, really loves Canada. http://www.lush.ca/
    here's the one I use http://www.lush.ca/Soak-and-Float/00...iquid-shampoos