+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New player with a few questions and feedback

I haven't played the game much at all. Today was the second day I was going to get into it, which leads me to my first question: are the servers down a lot? Out of 5 tries, I connected once, but couldn't finish my quest. I had one of those new player quests where you drop flyers on 5 sparkly areas around a lake near Hello Kitty. My cursor kept on glitching, switching from a pointer and question mark. Also, a lot of patches of bubbles/sparkles when I clicked on them made it look like an NPC was supposed to be there. I have a feeling it was due to the server not sending my client all the information it needed.

Also, I think it's super annoying that the forum page doesn't have a link to log in. You can only log in from the Sanrio town home page. That's not exactly standard for forums. I think they should put a link to log in directly from the forum page as you can go to the forums from the HKO front page, bypassing the Sanrio Town home page, where you can log in.

Also, I was shocked to read from another post that a GM was interested in doing an events if only 10 players were logged in. Is this game seriously that unpopular that we're talking 2 digits? Heck, by the reply, I assume that on average, only a single digit number of players are on.

Also any plans to increase the resolution? 1024x768 is like 1990s.

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebeesknees@hellokitty.com View Post
    I haven't played the game much at all. Today was the second day I was going to get into it, which leads me to my first question: are the servers down a lot? Out of 5 tries, I connected once, but couldn't finish my quest. I had one of those new player quests where you drop flyers on 5 sparkly areas around a lake near Hello Kitty. My cursor kept on glitching, switching from a pointer and question mark. Also, a lot of patches of bubbles/sparkles when I clicked on them made it look like an NPC was supposed to be there. I have a feeling it was due to the server not sending my client all the information it needed.

Is the client fully patched?

Also, I think it's super annoying that the forum page doesn't have a link to log in. You can only log in from the Sanrio town home page. That's not exactly standard for forums. I think they should put a link to log in directly from the forum page as you can go to the forums from the HKO front page, bypassing the Sanrio Town home page, where you can log in.

Agreed.

Also, I was shocked to read from another post that a GM was interested in doing an events if only 10 players were logged in. Is this game seriously that unpopular that we're talking 2 digits? Heck, by the reply, I assume that on average, only a single digit number of players are on.

Yup. I'm hosting my own event soon, and I'll be lucky if five players show up. That's what I'm hoping for. Today I saw four players online, and that's more than usual.

Also any plans to increase the resolution? 1024x768 is like 1990s.

I can't see that ever being updated.
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

I tried to patch several times. It instantly does nothing if that makes any sense. I don't think it's working >.<

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com View Post
    Is the client fully patched?

Agreed.

Yup. I'm hosting my own event soon, and I'll be lucky if five players show up. That's what I'm hoping for. Today I saw four players online, and that's more than usual.

I can't see that ever being updated.

I tried to patch several times. It instantly does nothing if that makes any sense. I don't think it's working >.<

Using the 'Patch Now' button seems to be the best way to do it. It comes up in that little box where it asks for your language and how big you want the client window to be.
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Yeah. That's the one I've always tried. I think my client is broken, and if so, giving up on the game. The start screen, the first one, instantly gets done checking. I know it's not supposed to do that. Now I see why the player base is so small. Game is out dated for a modern MMO, and the client is super unstable I might try tomorrow and hope it's server problems before uninstalling.

Using the 'Patch Now' button seems to be the best way to do it. It comes up in that little box where it asks for your language and how big you want the client window to be.

Yeah. That's the one I've always tried. I think my client is broken, and if so, giving up on the game. The start screen, the first one, instantly gets done checking. I know it's not supposed to do that. Now I see why the player base is so small. Game is out dated for a modern MMO, and the client is super unstable I might try tomorrow and hope it's server problems before uninstalling.
    Well I hope it starts working for you.

And what do you mean by the 'start screen'? What does that one have on it?

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Where did you get your client from? HKO's last update was in 2011.
    There's a patch list that can be accessed by pressing Ctrl+Alt+D on the login screen.

As to your other questions, the forums are embedded into Sanriotown, so you have to log into the site first before accessing the forums. Other forums are independent of the site.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

The one with the graphics, first thing that pops up with the progress bar. Also, I finally connected and had a stable connection for like an hour or two. I'm not sure if you were playing while you were responding to my replies. With the lack of players playing the game, it's probably hard to know if the server is having problems or not, or if the client is bugged. Well, at least for me, I couldn't maintain a stable connection for several hours even though the server listed had a green light.

Well I hope it starts working for you.

And what do you mean by the 'start screen'? What does that one have on it?

Quote Originally Posted by kittynator@hellokitty.com View Post
    Where did you get your client from? HKO's last update was in 2011.
    There's a patch list that can be accessed by pressing Ctrl+Alt+D on the login screen.

As to your other questions, the forums are embedded into Sanriotown, so you have to log into the site first before accessing the forums. Other forums are independent of the site.
    My client is official. Seems that my problems stemmed from being unable to connect, and when I did, it wasn't stable. As for your second reply, it doesn't explain why there isn't a log in link for any of the forum pages other than the home page of Sanriotown. Right now, on the upper right, you see your email address, account settings, and logout options. Login should be up there. You will literally find thousands of forums that do this before you find one that doesn't. What if a new player goes to the forums to look for answers, goes to HKO homepage, clicks on "forum," wants to reply, but can't because there's not login button. It's not exactly intuitive for someone to click on the homepage or otherwise to log into a forum. Such confusion only deters new players away from the game.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    My client is official. Seems that my problems stemmed from being unable to connect, and when I did, it wasn't stable. As for your second reply, it doesn't explain why there isn't a log in link for any of the forum pages other than the home page of Sanriotown. Right now, on the upper right, you see your email address, account settings, and logout options. Login should be up there. You will literally find thousands of forums that do this before you find one that doesn't. What if a new player goes to the forums to look for answers, goes to HKO homepage, clicks on "forum," wants to reply, but can't because there's not login button. It's not exactly intuitive for someone to click on the homepage or otherwise to log into a forum. Such confusion only deters new players away from the game.
    The old forums didn't have a login link either.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.