+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do you love meat a lot but don't love how it is made?

That's my problem. Meat is DELICIOUS... Pork, turkey, hamburgers... anything goes! But knowing how it is made... Eep!

Can't quit it tho. too tasty.

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Yeah, same here. >.<
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Same here. This whole thing disgusts me. I love animals better than humans but that does not mean that I am an hypocrite that I eat animals. They gave their lives (not consentually) for us so at the least we should respect them before, during and after their deaths. There are ways we can treat them humanely before their deaths and while we kill them and these ways actually costs less money but that would take out the fun these psychopaths have when they torture them while they are alive and when they kill them. If I would know how to use guns I would get some and go hunt, like that I could eat an animal I 100% know did not suffer!
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shumibiggi@mymelody.com View Post
    There are ways we can treat them humanely before their deaths and while we kill them and these ways actually costs less money but that would take out the fun these psychopaths have when they torture them while they are alive and when they kill them.

Yeah, some businesses that provide meat to sell to the big companies really don't treat the animals humanely. Beating them, locking them in ridiculously small cages, etc. It's tragic.
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I guesse it depends on the country. Being a meat lover in the US must be a nightmare, especially with the presence of factory cows and such. I'm actually really iffy about eating meat in the States because of ethics and the, sometimes dodgy, state of the meat processing industry there. Some exposé trustworthy newspaper articles are... terrifying, to be honest.

I have no such qualms in my birth country. All cows are free-range (we a low population plus self-sufficient meat production), the poultry chicken side (while not ideal ethics-wise) is pretty good, animals are killed fast and quick...

Yeah, it's pretty good to be an omnivore human being in Panama. I can actually waltz in, with appropriate health measures, into any slaughterhouse to se how my meat is made, because they all belong to the State.

And I don't know if it's the biologist side of me, but, as long as it's dfone as quickly and painlessly as possible, I don't really think about my food. And I've been to slaughters in the flesh (hah! bad pun, I know).
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I've been imagining myself eating a hamburger for 2 weeks now, but being a person who fights for animals to be respected and having 7 pets and 1 who recently passed away, I just can't get myself to eat any meat without thinking about how it was once alive, even though it was done in a "humane way", it was still once a living being and was slaughtered just to give us food, and I absolutely can't stop thinking about how people can eat pounds of meat and food every day thinking about nothing but themselves, without thinking that someone else in the world would like to have at least the smallest bite of less than half of what their eating and they don't need, and that while they are attacking their stomaches with food there are others who don't even have anything in their stomaches for weeks, or how an animal's life was taken away just to give us food that many times we don't even need so much of and they are just taken away without notice just because a human pointed it out to get in line. I mean, I know that plants are living beings too, but why take away an innocent life?

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Quote Originally Posted by londonluv86@hellokitty.com View Post
    I absolutely can't stop thinking about how people can eat pounds of meat and food every day thinking about nothing but themselves, without thinking that someone else in the world would like to have at least the smallest bite of less than half of what their eating and they don't need, and that while they are attacking their stomaches with food there are others who don't even have anything in their stomaches for weeks
    So not the topic, but I agree with this. Food consumption nowadays is very irresponsible. Have you seen statistics about how much food is thrown out because people won't buy it! Insane. It's not like there are food banks and vulnerable people who could use some food in their pantry.

Quote Originally Posted by londonluv86@hellokitty.com View Post
    I absolutely can't stop thinking about [...] how an animal's life was taken away just to give us food that many times we don't even need so much of and they are just taken away without notice just because a human pointed it out to get in line. I mean, I know that plants are living beings too, but why take away an innocent life?

Ah, well. I think very much about the animal lives that were taken for my meat.

Two words: Food chain.

Sure, it's an innocent's life, but I'll be innocent dead meat anywhere not my natural environment, like the jungle. I'm sure that tiger is thinking about how bad it was he had to kill me.

Sarcasm aside, that's a whole philosophical debate it's best not to touch. Personally, I'm more of the opinion that humane practices (for both animals and humans in the very dangerous meat-processing industry) and low environmental cost are key to responsible food consumption. Otherwise, no dice, I'm not buying meat that comes from an uncertified slaughterhouse, that comes from a country where it contributes to environmental devastation, that comes from a factory farm and so on, no matter how much I love eating meat.

But then again, that's only my stance on it, and it's in no way the correct, most moral or ethical one. People are entitled to their own opinions, and people who chose not to eat meat are commendable for caring so much for a species not their own.

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com View Post
    Sure, it's an innocent's life, but I'll be innocent dead meat anywhere not my natural environment, like the jungle. I'm sure that tiger is thinking about how bad it was he had to kill me.
    What I meant to say was that sometimes humans do it in a way that's even worse than the image of a tiger attack. I know it happens every day in animal wildlife and there's nothing we can do because it's their food, but humans spend their time saying that they're "superior" and yet they go back to their prehistoric ways to get meat.

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Prehistoric is relative.

But I agree, no need for senseless suffering.

Senior Member shumibiggi@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I have never find seeing animals eating and killing animals hard to watch because this is nature at work. The first time I saw a predator kill a prey I was less than ten years old and even then I did not flinch. There's nothing evil in that. Just like when they start eating their prey alive they do not do that for fun they do that because they have to hurry up to eat. A lot of predators spend weeks without food and when they finally get their food they have spent the rest of their energy and some of them do not even get one bite before it is taken away from them by one or more stronger predator. And when they kill their babies it is not because they are awful parents it is because these babies could not survive.

Human beings is the only species that kill (and rape and torture and mutilate and beat and bully and harass and insult) for joy. No other living beings has ever done it and it probably will never happen too.

And also we are again the only species that have kids with whoever. All the other species are careful with who they procreate.
    If you fall, I'll be there. - Floor