+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    allow us to change our username once! even if once! when we register and we doesnt like the username we can change it but only once!!
    HappyGirlFun - International and US/C server

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    The censorship.

Good grief, either make it better or get rid of it altogether.

I understand that this is a family friendly forum and, as such, it will be necessary to have certain measures in order to protect sanrio's youngest users, which is fine. It is part of what makes it such a friendly and open community where people of all ages can come together and post amicably about whatever so long as it isn't offensive.

However, some things are just plain exasperating. We have some older users here who, for example, when discussing fashion, may want to go more on the «s3xy» side of the spectrum than the «cute» one, why can't people type such an innocuos word? Just because it has «s3x» in it? Like, is this for real? We already know that s3x-related topics are banned, which is good for the aforementioned reasons, and anyone so crass as to bring them up outside of private conversation should be sanctioned or banned, so I don't really understand why this is a banned word. That's what we have mods for.

In addition, I would further argue that banning some words can be more damaging to young people's psyches than just letting them be. Is it because it is inherently damaging to ban certain words? No. But what is damaging is when a combination of letters that make such a word is found in the middle of an inoffensive word and then kids are left on their own to figure out just why half of their word is banned.

Let me put forth an example. I have been in this forum for a very long time but it wasn't until 2007, I think, when word censorship started at its earnest. I remember answering a post about clothes and I typed the word «sh0es». Lo, and behold! «Sh0es» was banned and I couldn't understand why, nor did I know any synonyms for «sh0es» because English is not my first language and I was a teenager, we just don't know that many words. My mother might be a fluent English speaker but she's not up to date with English language slang since the 80s so she wasn't the best help, so I had to look up and down the internet for an answer as to why sh0es was banned. The resulting cavalcade of p0rn0graphic sites left a lasting impression on myself and elicited a surprised, flat «oh».

But it was not only me, or any other non-native speakers. I remember a thread, by native speakers specifically asking this.

«"Why sh0e is banned?"
    "Because it has h0e in it."
    "What is a h03!!!!!!!!!"»

And cue explanations, comments, and not-so-wise recommendations of asking parents/upperclassmen/surfing Google Images.

It is not a good system, honestly. Can't the mods trust the community self-policing more? We already go to them at the mere whiff of trouble.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Though I never really have problems with the sensor here, I can see what you mean. Reminds me of in HKO. For example, "almost full" is blocked in HKO because of the acronym that's in it. (stfu) People say it a lot when they are referring to their inventories. Ever since I realized that, I've been saying "nearly full" instead. Often my friends will say it and not understand why it's being sensored, because they don't even know what the acronym stands for! Sensors can be pretty annoying. And people can always find ways around them (such as entering small parts of a word at a time).
    Last edited by anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com; 09-05-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Super Hello Kitty Fan cutievee123@mymelody.com's Avatar
    The word "shoe" can now be used in the forums. The word filter is currently under review. Next time, if you have other concerns regarding filtered words that should or should not be included, please let me know via PM instead. Thank you for raising this issue.
    Reminder to all: Please do not post just for the sake of posting or just for making your number of posts high. Make your posts count.

Quote Originally Posted by patriciadiane01@hellokitty.com View Post
    allow us to change our username once! even if once! when we register and we doesnt like the username we can change it but only once!!
    If you are referring to your SanrioTown email address = username [ex. name@hellokitty.com ], we regret to inform you that once you register for an account, you cannot change it. It's your account's identity. So, the next time you choose a username, please choose wisely and choose what you think is suitable and the best [and of course, appropriate], because it's permanent. I hope you understand.
    Reminder to all: Please do not post just for the sake of posting or just for making your number of posts high. Make your posts count.

Quote Originally Posted by mo_mo_mo_mo@hellokitty.com View Post
    Friend Requests!!!!
    New members dont even have a Friends list now!What happened?There used to be a button on everyone profile,and suddenly,theyre gone.I know,theres a thread for this issue,but you should make it esier to make A Friend Request!
    Just an update: This issue has been fixed in early 2013.

I was lurking around another forum that I frequent.

It is called Centro Pokémon (why, yes it is in Spanish) and they have developed a very cool idea I would like to see implemented in sanrio.

On the uppermost right hand corner of our screens, right where it says «Hi [e-mail addres] !», could the e-mail address be a direct link to our profiles?

Like so:

Hi efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com!

I was just thinking that this would be a more user-friendly feature.

Thank for listening!
    Last edited by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com; 09-18-2013 at 02:29 AM.

It's time to rock with Hello Kitty kittynator@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com View Post
    I was lurking around another forum that I frequent.

It is called Centro Pokémon (why, yes it is in Spanish) and they have developed a very cool idea I would like to see implemented in sanrio.

On the uppermost right hand corner of our screens, right where it says «Hi [e-mail addres] !», could the e-mail address be a direct link to our profiles?

Like so:

Hi efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com!

I was just thinking that this would be a more user-friendly feature.

Thank for listening!
    That would be useful, but not everyone joins the forums.

It would be better if it had our display name instead of the email shown, provided that we had joined the forums and changed the display name on it.
    Note 1: DO NOT COPY my user name/account for yours. Impersonating other users is strictly forbidden.

Note 2: Any beta content I post or mention, cannot be copied for yourself or others. Don't impersonate or ask for beta players. Yes, I'm a former beta player.

Note 3: I'm busy with non HKO things, but my home page will help you out with the game. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or /w Kittynator in HKO. I use Kittynator on both servers.

Note 4: Be nice to me and others.

Senior Member anastasiakiwi10@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    That would be convenient!
    Hello! On Hello Kitty Online, I'm AnastasiaKiwi10 on the US/Canada server Magical and Ichigogo on the International server Wonderful. I play often, and I hope to see you around! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by kittynator@hellokitty.com View Post
    That would be useful, but not everyone joins the forums.
    What do you mean?

You are making me feel confuzzled.