+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy And How do I report someone harassing other player?

Lets say someone harassed me, and wont bugger off. Lets say I even blacklisted them, asked them to go away, and then they log in as different character and STILL wont go away? How do you report a player?

♥I DREAM OF A NEON FUTURE♥ chibilover78_@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Wow! I have no idea. The best thing to do is ignore him/her. If it gets worse, tell an adult. Make sure to put them on your ignore list. Hope it helps!

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    You should contact the GM on shift at time. The GM's can usually be found sitting in Sanrio Harbour, or you can PM them directly. I'm having trouble finding the GM schedule, so hopefully someone can link you to it. Or, if you are on the US/Canada server, GM-Pitaya is almost always on.

The player will probably get a warning then have their character teleported to the "time out room". If the player does it again with a different character, let the GM know again. As a note: if you are on your farm, you can kick people off of it (even after you let them on to it) by right clicking on them and selecting the button that looks like someone getting kicked in the butt. So if you need a place to sit where the player can't come up and bother you, head to your farm while the GM sorts it out.

In a worst case scenario, start taking "screen captures" of your conversation box (hit F11 and it will send an image to a folder called "screenshots") and send them to SanrioDigital.
    Last edited by auntdotti@hellokitty.com; 05-02-2011 at 12:34 AM.
    HKO in game name:

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Just make sure you're being clear when you tell them to stop harassing you because sometimes players receive mixed signals and think the person is not being serious. If after your effort of clearly asking them to stop fails as well as the avoidance of the blacklist, that's when you should get a GM involved.

A lot of conflicts could've easily been resolved without involving the staff, but if it's one of those tougher cases, send some screenshots, as auntdotti pointed out, to help@hellokittyonline.com as a formal complaint with all the details after talking to a GM about it. I hope everything works out for you.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

It's a good idea to take a few screenshots of the conversation no matter how you decide to handle it. You can always delete them later if you don't need them. If you do need to contact a GM, he or she will probably ask to see a screenshot of the conversation. I have had this very situation myself and it's sometimes hard to show exactly what is happening without showing the exact conversations.

Even though there is already an instructional forum thread on how to take a screenshot, here's a tip you might want to use in this type of situation. Be sure to open the chat box up (by grabbing the top of the frame and dragging it up) so that you can see as much of the conversation as possible in the shot. Take more than one shot if necessary. You just have to scroll up in the chat with each shot until you have it all.

Good luck and I hope this never happens to you again. Most all the people on HKO are very nice, but there are always a few bad apples.

Iris

Senior Member azog@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irisarc@hellokitty.com View Post
    Be sure to open the chat box up (by grabbing the top of the frame and dragging it up) so that you can see as much of the conversation as possible in the shot. Take more than one shot if necessary. You just have to scroll up in the chat with each shot until you have it all.
    And just to add my own tip to this: if I need to take multiple shots in this manner (i.e., scrolling up the chat), I make sure to include one line of chat from the previous screenshot, so that the last line of one screenshot is the first line of the next one. It shows continuity.