+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Unhappy I only know how to cook fried !

I'm scared to cook !! I only know hotdogs and eggs :/ ..

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    There's also lots of helpful tips out there on the Internet! you could look up a recipe online for something easy you want to try and it can explain every little step to you ^^ it'll take time and practice but I'm sure you'll do a great job someday!

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Wink

Thank you Ly , i wish recipes will help me . but i'm scared to try it . LOL ! maybe it will not taste good ..

Quote Originally Posted by chaosvirus@hellokitty.com View Post
    You should ask your mother or someone to teach you.
    But my mom is always busy in her business :/ maybe you can teach me !

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I'll be delighted to teach you. You seem like an attentive girl.

You shouldn't be scared to cook, All it takes is some common-sense precautions and you're ready and off to go. I have been cooking since about a year ago due to the work of my mum and my step dad and the only guidance I had was watching my grandma cooking (I used to live with here), and it turned out great!

Now my mum says I'm a great cook, and I was able to rapidly progress from simple stuff to the more difficult ones. And even then, it's not that difficult as some people make you believe. It's harder to burn something if you pay attention than to cook a cake.

How about rice? Quick, easy, and you can put loads of things and vary a lot:

Things to keep in mind with rice:
    • Every cup of rice serves about 2 people.
      {
    • For every cup of rice you should add abour a cup and a half of water.
      {
    • You should rinse the rice to get rid of the gluten (it makes it sticky and gross) at least twice. The water should come out white.
      {
    • The better the rice is (i. e. less sticky) the clearer it will be.
      {
    • Never let the water (or the rice) reach near the top of the pot or it will spill all over the place. The water should be at least two (horizontal) fingers below the rim.
    So, the easy guide to rice:
    1. Put the rice into a pot.
      {
    2. Pour water.
      {
    3. If you want, for flavour, add a pide of garlic.
      {
    4. Add a handful of salt and pour a little oil of your preference.
      {
    5. Put the stove to max. temp and cover it. Onve the rice is boiling put the cover aside and wait until you can no longer see the water in the surface.
      {
    6. When this happens, lower the temperature. Lower the temperature every two minutes or so.
      {
    7. When you feel that there's nearly no water left (in about 10 minutes or so, if there's more it will take longer and viceversa), turn the stove off and put the rice where it can dry. The pot will be hot enough for the rest of the water to evaporate. If not, just heat before serving, that should take care of it)
    Once you get the hang of it, cooking rice with vegetables is relatively simple: just cut them and add them while the water is boiling. Note that this doesn't hold true for tubers (think potatoes and mandiocs).

To add flavour to the rice you can put saffron or other spices into it, how much to put will depend on your taste. Keep in mind that you will have to stir the rice if you add them after step 2 of the instructions so the flavour is distributed nice and evenly.

My (other) grandma liked to add a bayleaf to her rice, it made it taste a bit different.

I know it's a lot to keep in mind but practice make perfect! I'm 17, by the way.

Please tell me if you find any of this helpful. I will be watching this thread, so post here. Next week it will be potatoes.
    Last edited by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com; 05-19-2011 at 12:26 PM.

i only know how to cook

but it's yummy for me LOL !

hey eliz i can help you cook.
    Rice is easy as efairyofthesea said. You can also cheat and use a rice cooker LOL
    ok anyways you can make pancakes with the mix easily.
    Just add water and let them sizzle on the stove for a while. You dont have to follow the amount of water really....i dont and they turn out find...i know thats bad :P
    I suppose making chicken isn't that hard either. (I learned from watching my dad when i was sick and had nothing to do LOL) From what i saw you have to put the chicken in the pan (it has to be around 6 in. tall around there) add water and wait for the chicken to boil and cook. Then since i'm south asian my dad goes spice crazy O_O then we have to use yogurt....and drink 4 glasses of water or more.....then put ice on our tounges. Its crazy i know LOL but you're Filipino right? add whatever is most common in filipino food Making a cake from scratch is easy too

Pre heat oven for 375 degrees
    Use pam for the cake pan
    i use butter, powdered sugar, milk, egsgs, and flour for my cake ^^ well since i am too lazy to do all the steps here http://www.ehow.com/how_5150276_make-cake-scratch.html
    and when you are done you can treat yourself with lemonade
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6190038AAjft4s

i know how to cook rice using rice cooker hahaha !
    thank you guys ! i want to make pancake !

i told you how to make pancakes @_@ well if you buy the mix in the box it tells you how to make them. Well anyways you can easily make french toast just look it up on wiki. Thats how i learned