+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member rikki21@hellokitty.com's Avatar

[Suggestion] Original Hairstyles

There are six original hairstyles you get to choose from when making a new character. They aren't overly fancy, but then some people don't like fancy things. Currently, when we buy and use a hairstyle, we lose what we had on before it. Normally this isn't a problem, but some of the hairstyles look different as an icon than they do on the character. This means that players may wish to change back to the hairstyle they had before. This isn't a problem if you wore a bought hairstyle before you changed, but if you had one of the six original hairstyles and changed you're out of luck.

We should be able to buy the originals back. To do this we could add a Hairdresser NPC in Florapolis (on the other side of the Farm Market portal--across from the Tools and Equipment Merchant) that sells all the original hairstyles and have the item level be 5, since the hairstyles in London start at level 10. It would give everyone a chance to use them again if they wish. Pricing should be around 100-150.

Other possible options:
    • Make hairstyles like wigs/hats instead, so we can reuse it. Need to make the hairstyles more expensive for this option though, to balance it out.

Pros:
    • If you used another hairstyle and got rid of your original, you could get it back.
    • If you picked the wrong hairstyle you wanted when you made your character, instead of deleting your character to get it you could just get to level 5 to buy it.
    • 'Gold Sink'. Since, as of May 2010, there is no hairstyle preview option players must buy and use the hairstyles to see if they look nice. Since the hairstyles are permanent, if players don't like it they must buy another one.
    Cons:
    • coding to put it in
    • location of the hairdresser (current suggestion location may not be the best)
    Agree: 23 (bold names are from the Aeria thread)
    akmb1987
    an2kma
    ariedav
    Aunt Dotti
    DreamSpirit
    headphonz
    kirakiragal
    KimmieKowala88

kongjai
    krystal_dani
    Lucid
    Ly
    marubadtz
    masterkan8
    natolee
    Nemaine
    Rikki
    Ri.ni
    sara_alb
    stpoh

tonyamchugh
    wynterphoenyx
    x420ecksdeex

Disagree: 0

Not sure if we should restart the agree count. Since the Aeria forum is gone so you can't prove it, and the old ST forum is going bye bye too...
    Last edited by rikki21@hellokitty.com; 02-28-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I would absolutely love to have the hairstyles turn into wigs but if that isn't realistic, I agree with making the original hairstyles available in some way. ^^

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Member headphonz@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I really wish they would make the hair into reusable wigs and that we could buy the originals as well.
    Please add me to the list.
    :3

Yeah man that'd be awesome XD

I think making the hairstyles into wigs would be awesome! Putting the originals in Florapolis would be a good idea. I didn't really like the original hairstyles, but I understand the people that do. I would like to see some of the older hairstyles from the item mall come back. I see one on older members that I really want!! It is a type of perm, I think. Can't wait to see what comes in the new town.

I think that is an awesome idea. Because, I'm the kind of person that gets bored with the same look. I wish I would have known that when you change your hairstyle that you can't get your original style back. I completely agree with you and I hope they take your suggestion.

Lone Knight dreamspirit@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Agree \o/
    DreamSpirit | dreamspirit[AT]mymelody.com
    DreamSpirit - US/Canada Server | Thoughts of a Lone Knight

Senior Member luckyleafs@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I 100% agree!