+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar

Things you hate about fashion

This is a topic for discussion, not to turn into a fight.

You may complain and be nitpicky, and superfluous and even moan against your parents fashion sense. It's fashion in general. We may or not discuss it.

Don't worry, it's not as serious as it sounds Rants are supposed to make you feel better afterwards and they can even be fun.

I was just thinking that everybody needs a place to moan, and this can be... exhilarating? Aye, I think exhilarating is the word I'm looking for.

So, I start.

I hate the way fashion makes girls grow up too fast. My main complaint is that the outfits that make girls look much older than they are look just plain wrong and awkward on them. We don't need 11-year olds Taylor Momsens.

Also, what the hell parents are thinking, dressing their daughters like that?

I think it looks absolutely hideous. The other day I saw a 9-year old that looked like a woman prancing about the High Street. ASDASDASDASDASD

I don't think there's a word to describe how enraged I feel about this.

Rant over.
    Last edited by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com; 05-19-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Yeah, they're getting bras and high heels at what, 5 now or something? It's ridiculous. It either makes little girls haughty and say "Oh I look so perfect." Or they get low self esteem because they see other girls who have 'better clothes' and they see these pictures of women on TV and magazines who have zero body fat or zits. If only they knew those were Photoshopped! So that's one thing I don't like about fashion and 'glamour' in general.

And another thing: of course, where I am, if you have some funky clothes on (and it doesn't even have to be that outrageous!) you get stared at because you've got 'no fashion sense.' I've said it before and I'll say it again: I do NOT care about fashion and trends, I care about style. MY style. Tyvm...

So...
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I guess for me it's the expectations that come out of it.. especially the ones that aren't healthy for anyone. Things like the "ideal" body type which is typically a hanger to be able to display clothes properly. Everyone is different and being healthy means we won't all look the same. For some, being skinny is not how they would look in a healthy state and idolizing celebrities and models that fit this type isn't a good example.

Remember, models are just being used like mannequins to feature products and celebrities are made to look "above us" or "plastic".

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Well, I don't really follow fasion THAT much. But anyways...

...I wouldn't much else to say. Cept the fact that too many s h o e s have to be made with leather from dead animals >( Its..gross.

Thats all I can really think of though. I don't like the idea of wearing dead animals....even if the leather does need to be used. I can't really...do it all that well i guess.*shrug*

Senior Member victor5@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I hate that there isn't much fashion for us males, it's always the same for us, same pants, shirts, s h o e s, hat, etc. Females gets lots of desings.

Senior Member rachypachy@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Probably because there is a new trend every so often and you've got to follow
    it to be cool.

Senior Member twink1e@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I hate it when people at school where high heels because the migority can't walk it them. So they look like there tripping over there selfs walking down the hallway. I also hate it when little kids wair bikinis. First of all, they are too young. Second, whats the point they don't have any purpose because they don't have boobs and they arn't looking for a boyfriend yet. Thirdly, there is creeper people out there. If I had a child, I would never put it in a bikini untill its old enough. Sorry if this go's against other veiws but it's my personal oppinion.

@duddette4475

I think there's a brand with padded bras marketed towards nine year-old called «Little Miss Naughty». There was a huge controversy in the UK over that. You may Google it.

And yes, I get perfectly what you say about the place you live. In my birth country it was the same unless you were hot (in which case men would care and ogle you and viceversa).

@lyssariia

Yeah, the biggest mannequins ever. They look unhealthy. Just google Kasia Struss.

@santa123fawr

Too bad, I love leather shoes (the ones I get are from carcasses, so no needless slaughter)..

@victor5

My brother agrees with you. But to quote my mum when answering my brother:

Well, it's not like you, males, help out a lot. Your bodies are no fun! They always come in the same, sexy trapezium shape, and I'm not counting beer bellies...
    My brother and me were

@rachypachy

I believe it is called consumer society.

@twink1e

Agreed. Bikinis on kiddies are no-nos.

I know. I know. I didn't had to answer everything. I was just so thrilled people answered in such a short time!!!
    Last edited by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com; 05-23-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Senior Member dudette4475@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Your mom's quote made me laugh.
    The best things in life are free... Except for chocolate!

She's like that naturally . Really fun to be around.

Other thing I hate about fashion is when women don't choose comfy high heels. They do exist, but we let ourselves be seduced by that one print, or shape or whatever. As a general rule I don't buy heels I can't run with. Just thinking of some emergency I won't have time of taking the s h o e s off.