+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I have this friend and EVERYDAY she brings in a fashion magazine and one-day she saw a thing saying
    Black nail polish is all the fashion rage right now
    and she said (no joke) "Just because Black nail polish is in right now I am going to buy some." That is what I hate when people aren't even thinking about they're own style,they just want to follow "Trends". I also HATE areopostal,Hollister,bleh bleh.
    When you're strange, the people are strange..

Member enchanting_sabina@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    One thing I dislike about fashion is making "skinny" models the standard of beauty. >__<

What if I want to wear stylish and "in" clothes? Would those fit me as well as the girls on the runway?

What about us average girls with "normal " weights?

sigh....
    Favorite quote: "Party's not over 'til the fat cat burps."

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanting_sabina@hellokitty.com View Post

What about us average girls with "normal " weights?

I don't think you mean "normal" there. I think you mean average. After all, there's plenty of people out there that what is normal for them is to be skinny all the time.

Actually, my problem is that there is a standard of beauty at all.

We're biologically engineered to know what's beautiful; we can instantly tell if a fat woman is pretty or not, or if a skinny man is handsome or not, and it depends on so much more than their bodies.

Why a particular standard is always the ideal? It's not like people are picky. You can find men that like fat women, men that like skinny women, most men prefer their women buxom but there are the ones that prefer small breasts and so on and so forth. You can find that also with women, that they like Big Beautiful Men, skinny men, men that look like chicks (Bieber comes to mind), rugged men and so on and so forth.
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

★Movie Princess★ londonluv86@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I hate how people judge others by the clothes they use. I just took out all of the clothes that don't fit me and I gave them to my cousin so she could sell them because she sells clothes, and the box where I put my clothes was EMPTY! So I went to the store to buy some new clothes and I heard people say "Have you seen the clothes Random Name wears? I hate them! That's why I'm not his friend" or "Ugh, that girl's dress is so ugly I don't want to get close to her".

I don't like fashion either because I think there's not even a reason for it to exist! We all have our own style because we're all different and there shouldn't be any style that all girls or boys have to follow because we're not clones so we don't have to wear the same thing!

Something I also hate about it, is that small girls start to wear makeup when they're 3 years old! They make kids dress up as adults and by doing that they're not enjoying their childhood and when they really grow up they want to do everything they never did as a child and that makes more irresponsible adults in the world and that's what we least want because we don't want our countries to stay at the level they are, we want them to go higher and we're not going to do that if people are too irresponsible because they act like kids!

I think fashion shouldn't exist, we're all beautiful or handsome and special in our own way. Plus the outside isn't what counts, it's the inside: our mind, our personality, our feelings, they aren't shown by wearing the fanciest clothes or the prettiest makeup or the highest footwear, they're shown with your heart and your heart is shown with the love you give other people.

Never Give Up... Follow Your Dreams... Believe In Yourself... Learn From The Past... Save The Future... Live The Present... Take Risks... Enjoy Each Second Of Life... Help Others And Share Smiles... Live Life As It Comes... Bring Peace... Laugh... Be Happy... Cry... Forgive...
    Love... Dream... Live... Care... Smile...

BlogVideos

Senior Member rachypachy@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I don't like how people you know pressure you into wearing makeup.
    Two of my friends have brought up wearing makeup to me
    because they say i need it but i stand my ground and i say i don't need it.
    I want people to see my natrual beauty,i don't want them to see me with concealer and
    foundation on.
    Last edited by rachypachy@hellokitty.com; 05-01-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com View Post
    No. I mean exactly as I titled the forum, Things you hate about fashion. Like everything, fashion has good things and bad things, and it's the bad things we are discussing here. I don't care much about fashion, but there are plenty of good things, like dresses, that I like

I hate how environmentally unfriendly the whole fashion industry is!
    Well, I luv fashion but u know we have diffrent opinions

i just don't like how sometimes, it can get a little bit expensive =^=;
    my name is gemayne.
    i enjoy korean boy bands and cute little bunnies.
    http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg0pjfp7h21qengzgo1_100.gif

Quote Originally Posted by londonluv86@hellokitty.com View Post
    I hate how people judge others by the clothes they use. I just took out all of the clothes that don't fit me and I gave them to my cousin so she could sell them because she sells clothes, and the box where I put my clothes was EMPTY! So I went to the store to buy some new clothes and I heard people say "Have you seen the clothes Random Name wears? I hate them! That's why I'm not his friend" or "Ugh, that girl's dress is so ugly I don't want to get close to her".

I don't like fashion either because I think there's not even a reason for it to exist! We all have our own style because we're all different and there shouldn't be any style that all girls or boys have to follow because we're not clones so we don't have to wear the same thing!

Something I also hate about it, is that small girls start to wear makeup when they're 3 years old! They make kids dress up as adults and by doing that they're not enjoying their childhood and when they really grow up they want to do everything they never did as a child and that makes more irresponsible adults in the world and that's what we least want because we don't want our countries to stay at the level they are, we want them to go higher and we're not going to do that if people are too irresponsible because they act like kids!

I think fashion shouldn't exist, we're all beautiful or handsome and special in our own way. Plus the outside isn't what counts, it's the inside: our mind, our personality, our feelings, they aren't shown by wearing the fanciest clothes or the prettiest makeup or the highest footwear, they're shown with your heart and your heart is shown with the love you give other people.
    AGREED like that silly show Toddlers and Tiaras! Have you noticed on how theres like 1,000,000's of fashion choices for girls and like only hundreds of fashion choices for guys? I always wondered "What the flip do guys wear o-o? They have like nothing!" These stores like Justice are sooo "ghetto Fabulous" went to the store and the only decent thing there was plain T-Shirts O_O...went to Aero Postale...a medium fit me perfectly and I'm only 4'11 (I think thats how you do it?) and when I tried on a SMALL for their pants it was too long D: but i didn't understand on how people who were literally 4'7 could fit in their clothes! Apparently Aeropostale likes skinny people who are tall o-o. Went to Abrecrombie& Fitch/Abrecrombie (whats the big difference o-0 anyway?) website and for the KIDS part it showed some shirtless teenagers! It said KIDS!!! not shirtless dudes!