+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hmm. Fashion... consumers led by companies telling you what you should look like, what you should buy, how you should act, selling you the idea that you're an individual and getting you to dress the same as everyone else, making you feel insecure if you can't keep up with the latest trends that they create and re-create every few months, whilst making a huge amount of money from you.

Not for me thanks. D.I.Y./punk ftw!

(And I agree that children are being made into adults at far too early an age. It's disturbing).
    http://blog.sanriotown.com/vegankitty76:hellokitty.com/

Lisa76 in HKO

Little One guild

=^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by vegankitty76@hellokitty.com View Post
    Hmm. Fashion... consumers led by companies telling you what you should look like, what you should buy, how you should act, selling you the idea that you're an individual and getting you to dress the same as everyone else, making you feel insecure if you can't keep up with the latest trends that they create and re-create every few months, whilst making a huge amount of money from you.

Not for me thanks. D.I.Y./punk ftw!

(And I agree that children are being made into adults at far too early an age. It's disturbing).
    I totally agree, though I think most people are not rich enough (and interested enough) to keep up with fashion every season. I'm in the not interested category. But also not rich enough to buy as many lolita fashion stuff as I'd like, heh.

Also re: men's fashion being boring: I agree, and if you want to "not be boring", you might be assaulted for it, which makes little sense.

I hate the pressure to keep up with all the glitz, like once you start dressing like a magazine people i guess start to expect it,
    like i alway dress in alot of things from teen vouge and once i wore sweat pants from school and even a teacher asked me if i was okay...

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky_bunny@mymelody.com View Post
    I hate the pressure to keep up with all the glitz, like once you start dressing like a magazine people i guess start to expect it,
    like i alway dress in alot of things from teen vouge and once i wore sweat pants from school and even a teacher asked me if i was okay...
    True. And for what?

Rampant consumerism, gentlemen, ladies.

Some people even rack up ridiculous amounts of debt just trying to keep up with the Joneses, which I find absolutely non-sensical. But siince when the fashion world is rational?

[Quick note: I don't hate fashion, just the way is promoted/marketed]

Another thing that bothers me about fashion is that there's no variety anymore. And I don't mean the designs, because I understand that it is hard to be innovative when there has been thousands of years of fashion. As the quote goes:

There's nothing new under the sun.
    What I mean is that the brands don't even bother to hide that they're the same.
    Fun facts:
    • Those overpriced Chanel glasses everybody pins for? Made in the same italian factory as Gucci, Dolce&Gabanna and even Louis Vitton. Did you know that the factory also designs the glasses? I knew there was an explanation for why they all looked the same!!
    • And the super-exclusive UV shades of those Chanel glasses that look so cool? They're made by the same Chinese mega-factory as all the other brands (it makes distribution easier). Who also produces cheaper glasses.
    • What do Fendi, Givenchy, Louis Vitton, Loewe, Donna Karan, Kenzo, Marc Jacobs, CÚline, Thomas Pink and Berluti have in common ? It's the same company. It's called LVMH (Louis Vitton MoŰt Hennessy).
    • Designer products probably use child labour (hopefuly unwittingly) to maximise profit. There was a huge scandal with Dior over that on 2009.
    I'm off to buy something cheaper that comes from China. Who knows? It might even be made by the same factory of these so-called "luxury goods".

Last edited by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com; 06-17-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: My fingers can't keep up with my mind...

I hate the way fashion is chosen for you by the fashion industry. A person should be free to wear what they want without the "she's so last season". People should tell fashion designers what they would like to wear. Not fashion designers tell ppl what is "in"!!! I also hate that they generalize what type of clothes should be worn by what type of people... the its "black/white/other" people clothes. Was told that todays "2010" black ppl fashion is 80's white ppl fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com View Post
    True. And for what?

Rampant consumerism, gentlemen, ladies.

Some people even rack up ridiculous amounts of debt just trying to keep up with the Joneses, which I find absolutely non-sensical. But siince when the fashion world is rational?

[Quick note: I don't hate fashion, just the way is promoted/marketed]

Another thing that bothers me about fashion is that there's no variety anymore. And I don't mean the designs, because I understand that it is hard to be innovative when there has been thousands of years of fashion. As the quote goes:

What I mean is that the brands don't even bother to hide that they're the same.
    Fun facts:
    • Those overpriced Chanel glasses everybody pins for? Made in the same italian factory as Gucci, Dolce&Gabanna and even Louis Vitton. Did you know that the factory also designs the glasses? I knew there was an explanation for why they all looked the same!!
    • And the super-exclusive UV of those Chanel glasses that look so cool? They're made by the same Chinese mega-factory. Who also produces cheaper glasses.
    • What do Fendi, Givenchy, Louis Vitton, Loewe, Donna Karan, Kenzo, Marc Jacobs, CÚline, Thomas Pink and Berluti have in common ? It's the same company. It's called LVMH (Louis Vitton MoŰt Hennessy).
    • Designer products probably use child labour (hopefuly unwittingly) to maximise profit. There was a huge scandal with Dior over that on 2009.
    I'm off to buy something cheaper that comes from China. Who knows? It might even be made by the same fabric of these so-called "luxury goods".

Wow...thats actually pretty amazing. That kinda makes me feel wierd since I just spent 75 dollars on a headband.
    Last edited by pinky_bunny@mymelody.com; 06-04-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Think Pink eliz_0311@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    all expensive !! can't afford ..

Quote Originally Posted by eliz_0311@hellokitty.com View Post
    all expensive !! can't afford ..
    It can be really expensive ,i tend to go over budget, and its not all ways worth it since i don't wear everything in my closet (i have alotta stuff with tags on it...) Its also expensive when you dress your dog up in Juicy Couture or Louisdog... not always my best idea to spend 60 dollars on a dress for a dog.

Senior Member santa123fawr@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    Too many stereo types, far too pricey.

Can be boring in non-cartoon settings.

Yar. P-)
    I AM Santa123fawr

I have a crush on Korrina from Pokemon x and y that....i feel i need to tell the whole net about cuz it's real big and stuff o.o;

My gender is irrelevant, have a nice day now.
    And I didn't make my awesome av :3 xD

Junior Member hellopocky@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I HATE ABERCROMBIE AND FITCH AND HOLLISTER
    once i bought an abercrombie shirt. i wore it.
    the next day, there were 2 huge holes in it.
    screw american fashion. HARAJUKU STREET FASHION FOR THE WIN!