Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    It sure feels that way. I certainly hope not, but some days I wonder. The article was pretty much spot on with the problems, and the article is being run in on a respectable site.

Come on, SD. The world already was laughing at the idea of a Sanrio MMORPG. Don't make them laugh harder by letting the game collapse in to dust.
    Last edited by auntdotti@hellokitty.com; 06-07-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    HKO in game name:

Senior Member leeling1289@mymelody.com's Avatar
    I agree. Get in the game and give us some updates, take care of the bugs and start working a bit more. Right now it's just spontanious events, and offline stuff. Props to those that do work, but seriously, take the game more serious so we get some butts in the seats and a more active comunity in-game. The forum is way more active that the actual game... It's like us players aren't even taken seriously >_>
    Check out my blog
    Lee's little lines

In-game name
    Leeling

I have played MMO's that took me as long as TWO months to make one level! In two months, one can actually finish this whole game. To give SD credit , however, they did make attempts to prolong the game, but were frequently met with boo hoo whining. I can think of a "couple" of the notorius whiners, who would resort to abusive rants in game and forums and outrageous petitions. One scathing petition I remember in particular was signed by a measley total of 17 people, hardly a consensus . Sadly SD gave into them and IMO that was start of downfall. In most MMO's, trouble makers are banned, that is what should have happened, but didn't . One huge mistake SD did was to make the level 4 farm available only in IM. That definately turned people away . And the game went pretty much downhill as I suspected it might. SD does need to add new content on a regular basis, but the game is just too easy and sadly I think the time of Hello Kitty is past.
    Last edited by juls140217@hellokitty.com; 06-07-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Senior Member leeling1289@mymelody.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by juls140217@hellokitty.com View Post
    I have played MMO's that took me as long as TWO months to make one level! In two months, one can actually finish this whole game. To give SD credit , however, they did make attempts to prolong the game, but were frequently met with boo hoo whining. I can think of a "couple" of the notorius whiners, who would resort to abusive rants in game and forums and outrageous petitions. One scathing petition I remember in particular was signed by a measley total of 17 people, hardly a consensus . Sadly SD gave into them and IMO that was start of downfall. In most MMO's, trouble makers are banned, that is what should have happened, but didn't .
    I definetly see your point but no matter what there will always be whiners like that in every game. It's impossible to please everybody of course. I agree that said trouble makers should have been banned as other MMO's have a tradition to. I think SD gave in too easy in this case.

One huge mistake SD did was to make the level 4 farm available only in IM. That definately turned people away . And the game went pretty much downhill as I suspected it might. SD does need to add new content on a regular basis, but the game is just too easy
    I don't think the fact the game is easy is an actual issue. If one is looking for a challenge there are plenty other MMO's to play for free. I think people like Hello Kitty because it appeals to a very differet crowd than other MMO's because it offers relaxed, non-violent gameplay and there isn't really any stress. The level of difficulty might turn away a lot of players, but at the same time it attracts a new generation of players that earlier on has had no market for online games of this genre.

and sadly I think the time of Hello Kitty is past.
    Again I have to disagree. I'm under the Impression that Hello Kitty is just starting to shine. She may be on her way out in the states, but in Europe more and more people are falling in love with her and taking her in. She's still up and coming over here and I don't think she'll peak for at least another year or 5.
    Check out my blog
    Lee's little lines

In-game name
    Leeling

Member eveaustria@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/hello-kitty...1172627p1.html
    Wow, what a harsh article!

No, I don't think that we have been abandoned by the devs. Also the GMs still care and are making events for us - go, GMs, and thanks for your work!

It's the same thing with all smaller first MMORPGs of a developer-team. It's astonishing to see how little people are able to learn from experiences other developers have already made. Everyone seems to start off at scratch, so the same mistakes are made over and over and over again in every upstarting MMORPG.

The most severe fault that has already led to the end of Onlinegames is the most simple and obvious of all: developers should design their games fitting their target groups and should seek feedback from their target communities. This should be done from the very beginning while planning games before even starting to code the first line.

Otherwise developers will lose a lot of time and money with try-and-error-tactics like Sanrio Digital...
    Auf meinem Blog http://blog.sanriotown.com/eveaustria:hellokitty.com/ findet ihr Tips für HKO-Spieler. Darunter Fundorte aller Rohstoffe (mit Stufe/Level), Standorte aller NPCs & Monster (mit Level), Pet-Werte (auch Bosse), und eine deutschsprachige Anleitung fürs Bloggen auf Sanrio-Town

Nothing lyssariia@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    I think the article was pretty honest, which is what we need to get more attention from management. I've personally tried contacting them with our concerns and all feedback in the Game Feedback topic and was assured we weren't abandoned but it seems we wont be getting anything out of the developers for some time.

The guy that wrote this article was pretty fun to talk to in-game and we told him everything we've been experiencing lately. I see this as a positive because things really have been horrific as of late.. it's the players and Game Moderators that keep it alive, if at all.

There is an amazing amount of potential in the game but it's being left to die with lack of communication in updates from the dev team.

HKO Int: Hi US/C: Ly | My Blog | HKO Wiki

Senior Member auntdotti@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    In two months, one can actually finish this whole game.
    I've seen it finished in less than that. The game's short content has always been a point about the game.

I can think of a "couple" of the notorius whiners, who would resort to abusive rants in game and forums and outrageous petitions.
    I'm probably one of the "whiners" that you are talking about (although I hoped I kept any rants I made non-abusive). Please remember, most of the things that they have done (and still did in New York) only extended the game through raising the difficulty of monsters to ridiculous levels and 'grinding' resources. As well, you can't ban people for complaining (now other behavior... that's another matter).

One huge mistake SD did was to make the level 4 farm available only in IM.
    No matter how much we may disagree sometimes, we agree on that.

I think the time of Hello Kitty is past.
    But we definitely disagree on that. Besides, with a kick in the butt to get this game up and going again, it will start bringing in people who know nothing about the Sanrio characters and are just here for the game play (and the different experience HKO is from other MMORPG).

I would like to restate something I put elsewhere. There was end-game content that people were having fun with: the special seed system comes to mind, and I believe the head to head mini-games were popular too. I think those definitely should be returned. Especially since the later took the place of player versus player combat (which is fairly popular content in many games).

I may not play regularly anymore, but I'm still going to be here. I'm not giving up on the game, and I hope the developers feel the same way.
    HKO in game name:

Well there he is the guy we met online. And really he was a fun guy. But he wasn't too far from the truth of course. I hope ALL the workers in HKO reads this....