+ Reply to Thread

Do department stores lie about having the latest fashion?

So, back in february I got a Guess handbag from the Guess store. The other day when my friend was over the handbag was on my floor and my friend asked me if i got it at TJmax because she had seen it their yesterday. The comercials TJmax says they have the latest fashions, but is it really the latest fashion if its from february? Has this ever happend to everyone else?

Mermaid efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com's Avatar
    No, they don't, they just push the truth a bit too far.

They were just trying to get rid of the merchandise. The merchandise is an expenditure, that is a necessary expense in order to make money, and they need to get most of their inversion back even if they have to push the profit margins (that's why you see 90% sales and stuff like that).

She probably got it on a sale. Did you ask her??

Keep in mind that "the latest fashion" will always arrive a bit late to most stores because they need time to mimic the designers' styles (after all, they're the trend-setters).

Even designer stores engage in these practices because they need to "rotate" the merchandise. the only difference is that at designer stores the new trends arrive more quickly.

I know this because my grandma tells me of the times she used to have a department store!

I hope to have answered your question
    ~You've to take your life how it comes. Your life, it's only one.
    Twins with: santa123fawr (MeSpirit/Mel)

Senior Member twink1e@mymelody.com's Avatar
    If your buying the handbag form a department store you also dont know it it is really the real brand; it could be real or it couldn't. Theres lots of knock off bags. If your looking for the real thing it's allways best to go to the actual store of the brand, then you know your getting the real thing. Sorry if it dosn't anser the question.
    Just one smile can make someones day better.

Quote Originally Posted by efairyofthesea@hellokitty.com View Post
    No, they don't, they just push the truth a bit too far.

They were just trying to get rid of the merchandise. The merchandise is an expenditure, that is a necessary expense in order to make money, and they need to get most of their inversion back even if they have to push the profit margins (that's why you see 90% sales and stuff like that).

She probably got it on a sale. Did you ask her??

Keep in mind that "the latest fashion" will always arrive a bit late to most stores because they need time to mimic the designers' styles (after all, they're the trend-setters).

Even designer stores engage in these practices because they need to "rotate" the merchandise. the only difference is that at designer stores the new trends arrive more quickly.

I know this because my grandma tells me of the times she used to have a department store!

I hope to have answered your question
    Oh, wow! Thanks you definetley awnsered my question!

Quote Originally Posted by twink1e@mymelody.com View Post
    If your buying the handbag form a department store you also dont know it it is really the real brand; it could be real or it couldn't. Theres lots of knock off bags. If your looking for the real thing it's allways best to go to the actual store of the brand, then you know your getting the real thing. Sorry if it dosn't anser the question.
    Very true, my sister bought a pair of shoes from tjmaxx and it was a brand had a name very close to prada so if you just glance at the brand you don't really know!

I don't know, but J.C. Penny's offers childcare services which I find a bit bizarre.
    "Hey, do you know a good daycare?"
    "I dunno. I just drop my child off at Penny's."
    "Is it any good?"
    "Of course. I bought a pair of pants there last week and I loved them!"
    *stares blankly until you're completely creeped out*